Abuse Policy for demo.yarn.local
Help us build and maintain a safe community.
At demo.yarn.local, we believe that everyone is free to express and share their opinions, stories, ideas and thoughts! You can even create your own pod with your own followers. Your posts are your own, your data is your own, your community is made by you, however Yarn.social pod owners and operators have a responsibility to provide a safe community.
The primary focus of the community guidelines will be
and Conversations posted to any pods managed either by the Yarn.social team or
pods purchased through the Yarn.social hosting service. Pods created and hosted
independently are not held to these community guidelines and are beyond
Many great friendships and conversations happen at Yarn.social. Unfortunately from time to time users may engage in what is deemed abusive or harassing behaviour.
If you are being harassed on a Yarn.social pod, or if you notice someone else being harassed, please report the user by going to their profile page and selecting report user. You will be asked to provide an example(s) by providing links to offending Posts by either their URL(s) or Hashes. Alternatively contact the Pod Owner at the /support page.
The following will not be tolerated as
@-mentions to any user or in
conversations (including multimedia content) on any Yarn.social Pod:
- Hate speech: Content that attacks other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. We will not host Twts or Twt Blogs whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.
- Threats of violence: You may not threaten violence towards others or use the platform to organize, promote, or incite acts of real-world violence or terrorism.
- Harassment: Repeatedly targeting other people with unwanted @-reply messages.
- Posting private information (aka doxxing): You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address, or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission. In addition, you may not post intimate photos or videos that were taken or distributed without the subject’s consent.
- Illegal activities: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
What Happens If Someone Violates These Guidelines
We recognise that the circumstances under which a violation has occurred will vary, and we will tailor our response to the situation that has been reported. We’ll review each abuse report on a case-by-case basis. In each case. The actions that we will take include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A warning to discontinue behaviour that violates the guidelines, with specific details on how the guidelines have been violated. Repeated warnings will lead to the removal of the offending user account and any feeds they own.
- The account associated with demo.yarn.local will be closed.
Thanks for helping us build and maintain a safe and welcoming community on demo.yarn.local and beyond!
We reserve the right to update these guidelines as needed.